News and interesting items from the University of Kentucky Archives and the Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History.
Leestown Rd., where the federal corrections facility is now.
Janice is correct. Originally called The Narcotic Farm it opened in 1935, it was a humane hospital set on 1,000 acres of farmland where drug addicts could recover from their habits. It was also a prision where convicted drug offenders were forced to serve their time. The site is the subject of a book and documentary film. http://narcoticfarm.com/index.html
Post a Comment