The Good Samaritan Hospital records, 1889-1956 (47M84) have been digitized and are now available via ExploreUK.
The records (.5 cubic feet, 1 box, 5 oversize folders; dated 1889-1956) comprise a small group of records and
architectural drawings from Good Samaritan Hospital in Lexington, Ky.
The records include an account book of the Protestant Infirmary
(1889-1897); Good Samaritan treasurer’s reports (1908-1911); financial
and capital campaign records (1901-1913); newspaper clippings
(1929-1953); and records documenting the involvement of George Weeks and
Christ Church Cathedral (Lexington, Ky.) in the hospital’s finances
(1956). The five sets of architectural drawings on vellum (primarily
dated 1905-1906) include complete sets for the Colored Ward, Nurses
House, and the Main Building (both drawn by Anderson & Faig). The
drawings also include blueprints for alternations and additions to the
hospital, dated June 15, 1928, and drawn by Clifford R. Reichert for
Starks Building, Louisville, Ky.
The complete finding aid can be seen here.
South elevation plan, 1906
ewspaper clipping, 1938