Saturday, October 11, 2014

"Fun? Well Rather" The Diary of Virginia Clay McClure - part of the Sesquicentennial Stories Series



October 11, 1910


Surprise from Pearl – wasn’t expecting them to come to Lexington.



*Letter from Pearl Coons inserted here.  It reads;

At-Home
Mon. Morn.
Dear Virgie;
         Would certainly be glad to see you at the Phoenix Hotel about 1:30 P.M. this Wednesday, Oct. 12th for I think there is going to be something doing.
Lovingly,
Pearl Coons.
Junior class meeting, and all decide to stand by Seniors and leave school if necessary.  Paper sent around to sign, which I didn’t sign.  Glad I have courage enough to face criticism – didn’t know whether I had or not.  My education means too much to me to jeopardize it so rashly.  Don’t know whether I’ve lost one who was a very dear friend or not, but guess I can stand it if I have to.
  


No comments: